Well.. its over. Another Christmas, another year, another 4 family christmas celebrations.. It was a great, great Christmas with many fond memories of spending time with Smits family, Jeltema and Friesema family. Many good meals, lots and lots of sweets, a few glasses of wine, and then more sweets. It was also so fun to have a little nephew, Connor around and to spend time with him! The gifts were also great all around and even sentimental gifts including 50 of Di Friesema's (jon's mom) favorite recipes, written by hand and put in a recipe book for me and Jon recieving a memory box with all of his childhood things including schoolwork, baby clothes and collectibles. It was such a blessing to have Jon be able to celebrate all the family Christmases with me this year considering he will work many holidays in years to come.
Now its the time I call, the "After Christmas Effect"... The first symptom is the stomachache from all the junk you ate, second symptom is small piles of giftbags and boxes cluttering your home that need to be thrown out. Other symptoms including this nagging conscious telling you to get back to the gym and eat grapefruit and salad for a week. I also think it is interesting that there are always at least 2 trips to return things and stand in line to get your store credit gift card. I also have a wierd dislike for the week between Christmas and New Years...its like limbo week. Your life still isn't back to normal, but not as crazy as Christmas and its like you just wait around for New Years.. and I don't really care for New Years holiday anyways.
On a positive note... I am getting super excited that 2 weeks from tommorow morning, I will be flying to Mexico with my husband!!
No comments:
Post a Comment