Saturday, November 7, 2009

Deerheads on the Wall...


So Jon shot a big buck with his bow this past weekend.. Although I am very happy for him as he is grinning ear to ear, I knew what question/demand was coming next after he told me he got an 8 pt buck with a wide rack.. " I have to get this mounted, its the biggest buck I ever got".

So as a hunter's wife, I am now subject to another animal head with horns hanging on my wall, that now makes 4 of Jon's bucks. Thankfully they will stay in the office or basement area. The sad realization I came to today is that Jon is only 25 years old and already has 4 large deer heads and is an avid talented hunter. He probably has a good 20-30 more years of hunting various animals... so we might have to have a taxidermy museum in the garage or something! :) I am glad he loves it soo much and its a good hobby for him and I will just deal with the animals staring at me on the wall...

No comments: