Hymn: He leadeth me.... by Gilmore and Bradley
He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
By His own hand He leadeth me;
His faithful follower I would be,
For by His hand He leadeth me...
Lord, I would place my hand in Thine,
Nor ever murmur nor repine;
Content, whatever lot I see,
Since ’tis my God that leadeth me
He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
By His own hand He leadeth me;
His faithful follower I would be,
For by His hand He leadeth me...
*******************************************************************
This hymn spoke to me in church this morning... sometimes hymns have away of doing that for me. I love ocntemporary worship but the thought of how important hymns have been for my Christian grandparents and the christian heritage i have makes me appreciate the simplicity and words of these hymns. Its hymns like these that i remember visiting in MI standing next to my late Grandma Jeltema in a big CRC church in Michigan, her singing away tapping her fingers on the pew in front of her.
This hymn spoke to me as we discussed the story of Esther in church this morning and how God led her and watched over his people. It sounds so simple...Trust in God's leading but why do we so often try thing are own way or not make him a priority in our daily lives...
So my prayer is this hymn..
"Dear Heavenly father.. Please lead me by your own hand, you faithful follower will I be, I will place my hand in yours and be content whatever lot I see since God you lead me..
Lead me in the direction of employment opportunities you have for me.
Lead me to a new church home and family when we move.
Lead me and guide me as Jon and I settle in Racine, a new community.
Lead me as I trust you to guide me to new ministry opportunities and ways to be a blessing to others.
Lead me to be the "Jesus with skin on" to those around me, family,friends and strangers.
Lead me by your own hand, your faithful follower will I be as you lead me". Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment