Tuesday, May 19, 2009

SKYPE IS FUN

So i have joined the new world of Skype. For those of you who don't know what it is it is free videocalling through your computer. I had to get it because my sis, Kara is going to Costa Rica on Friday for 2 months and that is how we can communicate with her with a webcam and internet access. I have tried it out a few times and it works well. Its really nice to see people when you talk to them and makes it more personal and real than a phone call. The only downside is that you can't multitask like do dishes, or pay bills or something at the same time, you have to actually sit in front of the computer and stare at each other. You also have to somewhat be aware that people in your home are fully clothed walking around when someone at your home is using it.. I can see the issues if your computer is near the bathroom and people walking by after a shower or something:) I found it quite comical for my parents to use it... they were both trying to be seen in the webcam, it was funny. I have heard that Skyping has brought long distance grandparents a whole new world of seeing thier grandkids.

So hopefully it will be a good way to connect with Kara while she studies abroad for 2 months! Just wait in 10 years we will all have video cell phones or something.. crazy technology.

No comments: