Nothing better than a long weekend with few plans. Friday- Saturday I headed with the Friesema ladies for a very quick trip out of town for a bridal shower. Then came home Saturday night and went out for dinner with my in-laws and Jon's brothers who were all home for the weekend. Today was a nice low key Sunday. I went to church, and then met up with emmy for brunch. We tried the Original Pancake house in Brookfield that i have always wanted to try.. It was so yummy.. I had scrambled eggs and pancakes and the pancakes had such great flavor and were a sensible size and were light and fluffy not overfilling or dense. I will definetly have to return there sometime with Jon, he would love it. We are both breakfast people.
This afternoon while Jon was still sleeping, I sat out in the sun finishing my book, "Girls from Ames". Great light easy read. I got a nice tan which was good. It was kind of chilly out in the 60's but its a small price to pay to get some sun. I am in a wedding in 3 weeks and need to get tan and dont' want to pay money for tanning.. Only in WI would someone attempt to tan at 65 degrees in a tanktop. People in CA or AZ would probably have on winter coats. When Jon woke up we last minute decided to meet up with some of his best college female friends for a drink near downtown. It was good to see them again as we haven't seen them since our wedding almost 2 years ago. We had a good time catching up and once again sitting outside on a patio at the restaurant when it was cold.. we are crazy.
We came home, threw in a frozen pizza and watched the movie "Doubt".. kind of boring flick i thought. too slow. .. What a great day though! So excited that the weekend isn't over. I really don't have any obligations till my first summer class tues at 12:30 so i am excited for another day and half of relaxation and that Jon has the next 2 days off too. i think we are meeting up for an extended family picnic tommorow night so that will be fun. I just wish it would be a little warmer out but i am not complaining too much.
If anyone is interested in my sister blog who is studying abroad in Costa Rica it is
www.kbjadventures.blogspot.com .
Well since its almost 1 am, maybe I should get to bed..finally feeling tired. Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment