Saturday, November 2, 2013

Update on Life...

My little Elmo for Halloween!
He had fun at the playground at the zoo at Boo and the Zoo in Racine.

Wow... its been 3 months since I wrote a blog post... the combination of crazy changes in life, my other to do list things just fell off... my blog being one of them. Most of you who know me know the changes in our life.. but here is a recap of the past 3 months.

1) Ben turned 2 years old!   He talks in full sentences and can carry on a conversation, plays imagine (like to say there is an elephant hiding and then pretends to find it).  He still is soo picky of an eater. He wears 3T tops and 2T bottoms. He loves to sing. He is a constant soundtrack of his singing of the following " Old Mac Donald, Jesus Loves me, Veggie Tales Song, Gingy cat song and about 10 other nursery ryhme songs and the ABCs. He is a smart little guy who loves puzzles and can do puzzles meant for 3-7 years old.  He also knows his numbers, letters and some colors.. for some reasons colors are harder.  He is learning to listen and realizes he hates time out in his old crib!  He now sleeps in a Thomas twin bed.   After a rough month of tough love, he finally sleeps in his bed and stays in his room all night.. He loves books, singing, playing outside, and watching "Super Why", Elmo, Mickey and Veggie Tales.. He watches at very most an hour a day and some days not all.   For anyone who thinks toddlers shouldn't watch TV, I completely disagree.. Ben has picked up all his letters from public educational television and reading.

2)  We are expecting baby #2 due beginning week of April !!  A little rough in the beginning with nausea... but not as bad as with Benjamin.  This pregnancy has been different so my gut feeling is that it is maybe a girl... but we will found out in a few days.  Ben loves the "baby in mommy's belly" If you ask him brother or sister he always has said sister.  I am excited either way and feel this might be the last biological baby for us... we might consider adopting or fostering later on...

3) I got promoted at work.. I am now a Lead Social Worker.. which just means added responsiblities and leadership, but I enjoy it and love the people I work with.

4) Life is great.. Jon and I are content with life. God is good.  It helps that living with a toddler means there is never a dull moment at our house!

Looking forward to  our ultrasound, then the holidays and hopefully some weekends away in Jan -Feb.

1 comment:

Kate said...

That Elmo picture...wow. He is just the cutest, and that smile! Congratulations on your promotion!